7
John has sent this delightful painting of his wife on their boat during a holiday in Cornwall. He says " About 10 years ago Anne and I had a happy few days exploring the Helford. Porth Navas is a pretty little drying harbour with this visitors pontoon". The painting is taken from a photograph and completed in watercolour. John says it took him a long time to complete but I think that one of the pleasures of painting is to be able to create lovely paintings of past happy times from photographs.
8
George has sent me his "homework for this month". He doesn't tell me any more about this stunning painting but I am pretty sure it is in watercolour.
He does tell me that Alan's wife Meryl is still recovering from a fall down stairs but is improving and managing some short walks around the house which is a progress. As both of them have had long periods of illness I know everyone will want me to give them all our best wishes for a speedy return to good health.


Eva says 2 more lovely paintings, boats are not easy so welldone John and George's clouds, stunning. Makes me either want to try harder or give up!
ReplyDeleteBoth lovely; I especially like the sky in George's picture. And best wishes to Alan's wife for a full recovery.
ReplyDeleteI love barges, boats and anything in a watery scene. I am attempting a boat by a lake at the mo. Love the clouds in George’s painting. Well done both!
ReplyDelete