Wednesday, 27 May 2020

MAY 2020 (13)

Lesley C and I were chatting the other day about how hard it is to create something in art that is original and INTERESTING.  Some work that is done by exceptional artists, and is beautifully executed, has a "sameness" about it and you cannot help passing on quickly in the hope that you will find something more interesting.  (I don't actually think Lesley falls into this category, but I will continue).  Lesley has therefore sent me some paintings "wot she has done" that she thinks do fall into the boring category.  

20

21

22

23

She says in her e-mail that she is sending pictures of "boring bluebells" and "not so boring bluebells".  I am not sure which is which so what do you think?  
I am also not sure what media they are in, I guess the top, number 20 is mixed media, perhaps pastel and watercolour, or acrylic, the next number 21, perhaps coloured pencil, which is not a medium I have seen Lesley use.  
The next, number 22,  is a painting of fish done in acrylic at a workshop with the late Jean Williams.  Bob Kirk posted one he had done with Jean a few posts ago.  I think she felt that this came into the boring category, and I can remember when plates of fish were a frequent subject for paintings, but I like this one. 
The last photo is a project of Kevins, he has come up with the "Legend of Hawkbatch" which involves a magnificent white horse.  (I don't know how he made the one featured here, or how he supports it, but it is very impressive).  If you enlarge the photo you can read the legend and having visited Hawkbatch in July 2017 I can say that I have actually attempted to draw the horse that is mentioned (a very boring sketch, that I seem to have been quite pleased with at the time!)  If you have nothing much to do you can actually scroll through the blog and find it.  

2 comments:

  1. I particularly like the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never tire of bluebell pictures. I have several at home, one which was in my Mums bedroom which I think belonged to my grandmother. To me a walk in a blue bell wood is the most pleasant and anticipated experience of the year. A bluebell wood is never boring! I feel something almost a bit spiritual which gives me a real connection to Mother Nature in all her beauty. Throw in a few pink campions, yellow or white dead nettles or white anemonies and I want to take photos galore and have a picnic! 😊
    I’m not a fan of seeing dead fish whole so it’s not one that does anything for me - sorry. But I appreciate the work that has gone in to it!
    I never heard of Hawkbatch or the legend of the white horse. I shall look into it!
    Thank you.
    ps. I am trying to do a cloud painting ASAP!

    ReplyDelete