I really have a real treat in store for you today, three emails with three fantastic paintings. The first to arrive was from George, he says, "Not done much lately but recently received an email regarding Dhustone Lane pictures on my web page asking if any were for sale. As it turns out those on the website have all been sold but as luck would have it I was about to start another one. Having finished it I have attached it so you can put it on the website and I will put it on mine and wait and see if it gets any response. I am trying to get back to lino printing to get a bit more experience and spread the wings a bit but other things seem to crop up so progress is slow."
This is so good I expect it is already sold, I love the way you have caught the light on the roofs and the field behind the cottages. Thank you for sending it, I know everyone enjoys seeing your work and we also look forward to seeing your future lino prints.
23
The next to arrive is from Larry, he says "This painting is based on a photograph of Pin Mill that I took last summer whilst we were caravanning in Suffolk. It is not as loose as I would like but I am very pleased with the finished painting. I will now have a go at the portrait for the January homework."
I should think that you are pleased with this Larry. I know that you are trying to paint more loosely but I wonder if some subjects perhaps suit very loose work and others benefit from having more detail? I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder, but to me this is just perfect as it is.
24
The last to arrive is from John, he says,"The painting has been a bit slow, Anne is in Shrewsbury hospital having s bad leg ulcer seen to. I hope that she will be home soon. I thought that this painting would be easy to copy, but it wasn't! Maybe it was done in acrylic. I think a lady American artist. Anyway here it is and also the original.
Original
25
I think you have done a great job of this John, in my experience the ones you think will be simple are always difficult! Anyway you wouldn't want to exactly copy a piece and this is your work which has a lot of energy in the brushmarks that I really like. You could have perhaps gone a bit darker behind the light foreground tree but you have captured the water very well, especially the reflections and shadows. Well done.
I had not heard of the artist John so I looked her up, most of her landscape work appears to be in oil, although I saw one watercolour. Apparently she particularly enjoys painting horses, also in oil, but there are some fantastic pencil drawings of horses and dogs on her website. If anyone is interested here is a link https://www.dianefrossard.com/collections/94138. (If it doesn't work just google Diane Frossard). So in answer to your question as I suspected the original was also in oil, on panel 8" x 10".
I am so sorry to hear that Anne is in hospital John and I know everyone in LHAG will want me to send her very best wishes for a speedy recovery so that she can return home quickly.



Three fabulous paintings. I hope Anne is better and home again soon John.
ReplyDelete