This then entailed tidying the study, doing the desk drawers, sorting out the filing cabinet getting ethernet cables installed and waiting for my new lap top to arrive. You know the sort of thing, I think it's called displacement activity! Anyway I eventually got round to painting it. Billy's has a background but I wasn't brave enough to try that. I might have a go on my first attempt just to prove I could do it - or maybe to prove I was wise not to attempt it! I'll let you know."
19
I know exactly what you mean about finding other things to do, I think we all suffer from that and thank you for these super watercolours Lesley, I really like the lock gate line and wash composition, I bet Rae was pleased with the card, and I love the quince just as it is, it is beautiful work.
The second email is from Lesley C (obviously), and she says, "just looked at the latest blog, I think Larry puts us to shame with the amount of work he does! Must try harder!! Anyway, I found that photo of the elephants that Larry's painting inspired me to do, it's pastel, (only a quick one) not a great painting as I am finding it hard to get enthusiastic about anything at the moment but one has to keep trying."
21

I wish I could produce not good paintings as good as these. Very good. Thanks for reminder about safety. Eva
ReplyDeleteThe elephant pastel is beautiful Lesley C. Gosh that’s an inspiration. I absolutely adore elephants and wish I could do such an amazing tribute to these lovely creatures. You have caught the texture of the skin so true to life and the variety of colours are beautifully chosen. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lesley C.