Another email from Lesley M she says, "I had great fun doing this tutorial from Billy Showell yesterday. It was quite a short one but taught me a lot about mixing dark darks and brush control, both of which I need practice.
This morning I've been out in the garden taking photos and then got carried away and pruned two apple trees. I've just cropped and played around with a couple and I'm now fired up to paint at least two or three. This self isolation is a wonderful thing!!!!"
That's what I like to hear, someone taking advantage of the circumstances that present themselves, rather than wishing for something they don't have. Well done Lesley, we can all learn from this, and well done on this study, darks are always difficult in watercolour, but you have captured them, I can almost smell the seaweed!
22
No comments:
Post a Comment