Monday, 24 August 2020

AUGUST 2020 (9)

15 


What a fabulous painting of this cardoon flower head, from Lesley M, of course. She says, "I'm attaching my latest effort, a Cardoon flower. I've a huge plant in the garden and had to get Rae to take the photos for me as it must be 6 - 8 ft tall! I did nearly give up drawing it as I really thought it would defeat me but then it suddenly seemed to make sense, so I persevered. It has taken several afternoons to paint but I'm quite happy with it. In the photo the petals do come out very pale but honestly they are darker in the flesh!"  Lesley this is a lovely painting and you don't have to make any excuses for the photo, I can only imagine how long this must have taken you, and the concentration needed to obtain this level of detail.  You are an example to us all, not least because you are painting regularly and consistently improving but you are remembering to send them to me for the blog.  Thank you very much indeed.  

2 comments:

  1. Jean has summed it up brilliantly, as ever. Very good, would make a lovely card. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this...I've tried drawing cardoons, and know how difficult it is! Well done!

    ReplyDelete