9
A second beautiful painting, and a memory from Bob, he says, "Another painting which revives happy memories - for me at least. Years ago I went to a course at the Malham Field Study Centre. The surroundings were magnificent. The high ground near Thwaite is broken up with limestone outcrops leading up to Inglegorough at over 2000ft.
I’ve used pastel on a prepared sheet of mount board for this painting. A firm ground can be used to softly blend colours as in the cloudy sky. In the middle ground I lightly dragged a blue/grey pastel stick to create cloud shadow. I always work dry and rarely apply fixative. A certain amount of dusting and blending can create lovely effects."
It is nice to see a pastel painting as it doesn't seem as popular as it was, and you are right it can create really lovely effects.

I went on a painting course at Malham but my efforts were pathetic in comparison with this lovely picture which captures the dramatic landscape F this beautiful part of the world and interesting in pastel.
ReplyDeleteEva
I went on a freshwater biology course there, back in the mists of time.....you're right, it is beautiful landscape and the pastel picture really evokes that; lovely work.
ReplyDeleteLooks great. I really like pastels but get in such a mess! Well done. Rose
ReplyDelete