Well, I had just finished posting the previous blog and my phone buzzed to say there was another email waiting for me. Would you believe it was Lesley C with two pictures. She says, " my subject of the month pic, it's from Feb this year,( pre lockdown ) when our pond was boiling with frogs!! It's acrylic which as you know is not my favourite medium and I wanted to paint it in praise of frogs. I have also attached a photo of the stained glass window we had made. I thought it would be of interest to you as you are doing glass again." I have always loved Lesley's frogs and this one is great, the water, (with scraps of duck weed) that they are swimming in works really well. The glass piece of gannets certainly puts mine to shame! Fabulous, super colours and I happen to know the design is Lesley's.
19

20

The frogs are wonderful but where would you hang it???? I also really like your stained glass design. Have you got it installed in a window? It must look fabulous with all the different varieties of light during a day
ReplyDeleteThe frogs are fun! And the stained glass gannets are great, I recall watching them diving like that in Ireland.
ReplyDeleteHaha I liked your comment Lesley (M) - where would you hang it?!! Well perhaps in a summer house outside overlooking a wildlife pond!!
ReplyDeleteI would hang it in my bathroom I think! Thanks for sharing a great painting. Cheers Rose x