Saturday, 1 August 2020

August 2020 (1)

Art group meetings every first and third Monday of the month.
I have just spoken to Eva who told me that the group who met at the first meeting since the lockdown agreed that, unless anything happens to prevent it, they will meet, as before, on the first and third Mondays of the month at 10.30. You will probably have received her email but just incase you missed it she says "We agreed that you could paint in my garden. There is room to park but I will leave the Hall car park open and put my car there out of the way.
I can provide garden chairs or bring your own if you like. I will get a thermal jug from the Hall so can make jugs of coffee, bring your own mugs or use mine if you think it safe.
We have a loo just inside the door ( no need to be in the house) which will have paper towels etc.
I have asked the farmer at the end of the lane if you can paint in the yard there if you wish, need to let them know on Monday and they will shut the sheep dog in!. or you can sit in the orchard , with the rams! plenty of trees and lots of flowers and weeds in my garden or you could sketch the house!
Hope to see some of you, perhaps let me know if you intend to be here."


Well that is certainly something to look forward to, although I am afraid I shall not be able to make it this time.

Homework
We are already in August 2020 (where does the time go?) and I do have another post for the July homework subject of designing a poster for an event, that I found in my inbox this morning. This was not a very popular subject but I think you will love Lesley C's design (see below)


Before that as no-one has suggested anything to do in August 2020 I have selected "Memories" as I hope it will allow more of you to find a subject that inspires you to create an image to send to me for the blog.


However, if you are fed up with painting, or are too busy keeping up with everything else that life is throwing at you, perhaps when you are sitting for a moment, you can have a look through the work you have done in the past and find something you can send me to brighten up the blog? It could be something you are really proud of or something that is not so good and you would like to try again? Or even something that just makes you smile. Hopefully, it will also trigger a memory of a happier time that will just give you a nudge to pick up your materials again? I do hope so, and it would be even better if you could share your memory with us all.


Never the less, I am sure this super design of Lesley C's will inspire, even the most weary of us, she says "Homework attached, last to arrive as usual, I've kept it simple with the idea that it could be reproduced as a lino cut at some stage"
Thanks Lesley, this is really great.


1


3 comments: