Wednesday, 12 August 2020

AUGUST 2020 (8)

 12


13

14



I am sure you will recognise Lesley M's lovely work, she says, "I'm attaching my newest painting. I've scanned it as it didn't photograph at all well and I'm also attaching a scan of the Wheat where it is darker and much more like the original painting. The third attachment is a scan where I altered the midtones a bit, it's definitely easier to see but also might be classed as cheating!
It's my first 'proper' white flower and I enjoyed it but it was difficult. I do think I'm getting a bit better at the greens though!"
It is difficult to obtain photographic images that replicate exactly the colours and tones in paintings, I think we all struggle with it.  Your scan of the wheat is definitely a stronger image  and as it is nearer to the original that is fine.  Similarly the Hosta if altering the  mid tones makes a nearer replica of the original it isn't cheating at all!.  Very well done to have completed you first white flower.  They are very difficult especially if you are using white paper.  Many artists place leaves behind the flowers, so that they show against them, and as you have now mastered your greens that might be a way to go?  Alternately, have you thought of using a coloured paper?  Of course, you would then have to use white body colour, but it is an option.  


No comments:

Post a Comment