Saturday, 27 June 2020

JUNE 2020 (9)

I know you will all find the next three very impressive, they are from George, he says "Just to show I am still busy with things, here are some preliminary drawings of Mevagissey Harbour prior to starting to paint the subject. The drawings took a bit of time to complete being a complicated subject. As you can see the line work which gives a flat image with no feel of distance, until the background is reduced with a putty rubber to give depth and atmosphere even though it is still only line work. It is only when tonal work is added that full depth and atmosphere fully develops. Next is to paint the thing which will no doubt take a bit of time so watch this space. It will be good when LHAG can get back in the groove and everybody can get motivated. Including Eva."

17


18


19


These are just amazing George, I cannot imagine how long they took.  It is a great subject and I really look forward to seeing it painted.  

3 comments:

  1. Truly inspirational. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see this as it shows how a picture is developed. I just wouldn’t know where to start! So where do you start George. What’s the 1st, 2nd & 3rd bit that you do? Could do with some tips!!!
    Wonderful to look at. Thank you! R

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see the differences and the final drawing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete