Saturday, 27 June 2020

JUNE 2020 (8)

Kathy has also sent in some lovely images of hostas, she says "A nice set of hosta leaves from Lesley…..here are my watercolour attempts, one of them a very long time ago (the bluey-green one), plus a lino version. I always love the leaves, but struggle to make a composition from them."

13

14

15



I think you have managed very well to make two excellent compositions from them Kathy. I am so impressed by your steady hand cutting those fine lines into the lino. My favourite (for no particular reason) is the top left print version, with the blue-green watercolour a very close second.



I thought I had better make an effort to post something for June so when I saw my old Bengal cat, Muldoon, asleep in one of his favourite spots in the greenhouse, before he realised what I was doing, I took a quick photo of him through the glass. The pink box alongside him is one of three beds he has on the staging, but as it was very hot and sunny he was sleeping on one of two small spaces I have for plants! It is a small oil painting, only 18.5 x13.5cm on gessoed oil paper. Oh, to have a cats life!

16


2 comments:

  1. As for the linos - yes, the greens on the top layer did vary a bit, so there are differences. A bit surprised at you liking the blue-green one - I did that back in 2013, one of the first after I got back to painting after my mother's death, and looked on it as something of a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why Hosta leaves are good for art. Haven’t got any but know what they look like. The 4 leaves would look good as a study of Hostas in one frame.
    Ah love the picture of your sleepy cat Jean. They always looks so warm and cosy without a care in the world! It’s such a shame that mine is prone to biting & scratching - he used to be soooooooo cute as a kitty :) :( Thanks both. R

    ReplyDelete