Saturday, 6 June 2020

JUNE 2020 (3)

5


Another super watercolour from Larry, he says, " My latest offering, Ludford Bridge and the Charlton Arms. I do not think that the perspective of the bridge buttress on the right looks correct, it was probably down to the angle that I took the photograph, but it does not detract too much from the painting." 
I love this one. I painted a similar view, years ago when I was a student with the OCA, mine was in acrylic or oils, I forget which, but I certainly did not capture the light as you have and no I don't think the angle of the right hand buttress matters as the eye is drawn to the focal point, the Charlton Arms and the bridge beneath it.

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely painting and if the perspective is wrong it doesn't detract at all from a gorgeous painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva. You get better and better, especially like the stonework and water and the whole things works, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tones and contrasts are spot on a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete