1
The first picture of the new month, although Bob K sent it yesterday, is titled "Before Breakfast" and is a "procreate" file completed on his i-pad. He explains "The title does not imply that I painted it before breakfast. It is an interpretation of an early morning sky I was taken with a week ago when I got out of bed.
The bedroom window overlooks the village playing field but my interpretation makes it look like rough pasture - perhaps I should have added a few sheep. Well maybe next time.The picture was painted directly on the iPad but I’ve taken liberties and changed the position of some buildings and left others out. I was most interested in the fresh delicate colours of the sky.
The talented DH (David Hockney) likes the iPad because it enables him to work fast. He claims to be able to lay down a sky in 1 second. It would have to be a Californian sky I think. If I’d attempted that with the sky in this study I would have had burnt toast for breakfast!
I think this probably falls within our May subject of "Clouds" and if I had looked at my computer last night it would could have been posted in May. I think Bob has caught the colours of recent early morning skies perfectly and can't imagine how he managed to obtain such soft transitions on an i-pad. Fabulous!

No comments:
Post a Comment