Wednesday, 10 June 2020

JUNE 2020 (4)

This is a something a bit different from John, he says, "The village have been asked to help produce a gardening book. I was asked to produce a few black and white drawings.
The home made raised beds were made of old limestone slab crates."


6

7

8

These are lovely drawings John, are they in non waterproof ink that you diluted to obtain the shading? What an exciting project, does the village have an active gardening club? Please let us know when the book is to be published, I am afraid the drawings have made me curious to read the relevant text!

I have received a reply to my query about the media John used for these drawings, John says, "I started off with a lead pencil and then a black biro. I tried black watercolour, but found a very fine ink pen and watercolour brushes with dilute waterproof Indian ink best." Thank you John.

2 comments:

  1. Eva. Very good especially the pitch forks. Well drawn and interesting composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely John, the pitchfork particularly appeals to me

    ReplyDelete