Tuesday, 6 December 2022

DECEMBER 2022 (1)

It was lovely to see everyone at the art group yesterday, sorry if I caused a smell in the hall, spilling my turps. I was always clumsy. 

For those not attending it was agreed to meet again on 19th December, a chance for a breather, doing your own thing, before the panic Christmas often brings. Hopefully, I will see you there, and don't worry I will bring acrylics rather than oils, so no chance of smelly turps spillage!

Larry sent me a photo of a beautiful watercolour that he had started the meeting before yesterdays, he says, "Here is a photograph of the painting of Church Street, Longnor, Staffordshire Peak District, that I started at our last group meeting in November. Based on a sketch and photograph from August this year." I had a look at his sketchbook too, and that is also worth studying if you get the chance, great sketches showing how we really should prepare before attempting a painting.
 
1

Isn't this fabulous, a great photo of the painting and well worth enlarging on your screen but the original watercolour was even better.  Made me realise what we miss when we don't come along to the meetings.


2 comments:

  1. Such a good painting. Do spill turps Jean it might mask the smell of drains or whatever at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant! Rose

    ReplyDelete