Wednesday, 30 November 2022

NOVEMBER 2022 (3)

Another lovely image arrived today, this time from George, he says, "Attached is a single colour reduction lino print of HMS Ludlow which took a long time to do. On reflection it was not a sensible choice of subject because of all the detail involved making it impossible to hold a fine line and a repair out of the question. The background also took a lot of cleaning out. But I learnt a lot as this was the first time I had given a reduction print a try and managed to hold the alignment not too badly. Next time I will use more than one colour and select a more suitable subject."

4

Having struggled with lino cutting myself, I really don't know how you have managed to clean the background so well and to include such fine detail?  You really must be a glutton for punishment, but I am very impressed.  


4 comments:

  1. Nice image. With clearing the background, I would cover any large areas to be left white with scrap paper - then you don't have to clear all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great George, wonderful detail. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello George. Love HMS Ludlow. I now have to lookup her history. You know me and boats!. Love Patty . PS the first te I've been able to message backP

    ReplyDelete