Whilst waiting for my kitchen floor to dry I thought I would check my emails and found one from Larry, he says,"As promised the completed second attempt at the painting of Dinham Bridge and Ludlow Castle. Still overworked in places although the shadowed area on the right is better. I realised after I had finished that I had used the original painting as a reference rather than the sketch and photographs and that has probably accounted for some of the repeated errors.
I wish you all a very merry Christmas and look forward to seeing you all in the new year."
4
Thank you for this, Larry. I cannot see many (if any) errors and decided not to look as I thought it a very pleasing painting. Thank you too, for your good wishes.
I can remember a tutor once telling me to take care copying other artists work as it is easy to copy the errors. I don't suppose that it applies to Rembrandt's work!

No comments:
Post a Comment