Tuesday, 27 December 2022

DECEMBER 2022 (5)

Just managed a good look at my emails after they built up over Christmas and noticed that I had missed one from Kathy, sent on 24th, she says, "Just occurred to me, I have a couple of new prints – still trying out colours, and will try to get better ink coverage on future ones. With any luck, I’ll get back to them fairly soon."

5

6


Sorry I missed these before Kathy, I like them and the ink seems to me to have good coverage.   Are they linocut?  Also, is it one piece or two pieces of lino, printed once for the rock and twice for the fern?  I notice you call them "rock with orange" and "Rock with russet", although for me the ferns could also be Christmas trees and the rock reminds me of cave drawing of a landscape, (river, trees and honey comb?).  No, I haven't been drinking I just find them thought provoking.




3 comments:

  1. Very good, works really well, especially the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they're linocut - one piece for the rock and 2 bits for the bracken. It was inspired by a rock I saw on Dartmoor, and I thought it would look good with some bracken across it. I struggled to cut the rock realistically, so I gave up and just put patterns on it. I agree the bracken could be trees, and there may be more prints without the rock, at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how you do this, but brilliant, well done, very stylish.

    ReplyDelete