I have just received another email from John, he says, "Finished, I think", together with this photo of his finished oil painting. For those of you who may not know what I am talking about, John recently sent me an unfinished copy of a Monet. By mistake he sent me a picture of the actual Monet! What really made me smile was that I said that "it gave me a great sense of Monet's work" and three other members commented congratulating John on his painting and telling him not to change it. I guess Monet would have been really pleased to be complimented by 4 members of LHAG!
Both are below, so that you can compare them, and I still think that it is a very good painting with a great sense of Monet! You are not going to start selling them as originals are you John? If so I am afraid I will have to ban you from the blog! (Only joking, keep sending as many as you do.)
9
have had an email from John, he tells me that he and Anne are keeping well, which is good, and apologising, for not contributing recently to the blog, he says, "I am working on an oil based Monet of boats. I have made a mistake in using real turps, and each layer is very slow to work on. I enclose for you, just out of interest, but not for the blog ( unless you want to)."
I do want to post it John, as I think that work in progress is always interesting but in this case I think it is just super as it is. Obviously I haven't seen the original but to me this gives a great sense of Monet's work. What do other members think?


OhJohn that is really very good you are being too hard on yourself, I feel guilty that I'm not painting. Keep up the good work. Ruth
ReplyDeleteVery good John, everything is good,esoecially the waves, well done. Eva
ReplyDeleteJohn, I wouldn't do a lot more to it, the painting has a real freshness to it. Keep up the good work. Glad to hear that you are both okay. Lesley C
ReplyDeleteI like both but I think I prefer yours John! Its got a bit more colour in it. Well done. 👏 cheers Rose
ReplyDelete