Opening my inbox this morning I found I'd received a flurry of emails from Robert, he says, "Taking a rest from digital painting and burdening you with some traditional stuff. This is a loosely drawn water colour of Quimper, a pretty village in Brittany. I painted it directly on a watercolour pad from a photograph. Loose treatment following the style of Edward Wesson and his school."
11

In his next email he continues, "I drew a pencil sketch in in an A4 sketchbook. The musicians were performing in St Laurence’ Church some 5 years ago. during the Ludlow Festival. At the interval I had a complaint from a man sitting behind me. He was disturbed by the scratching sound made by my pencil. I put my sketchbook and pencil away for the second half! I worked up this pastel from the sketch on Canson paper. For me pastel is a drawing médium. You can rub in to create backgrounds and add clean finishing touches for main detail."
12

His final email ends with, "The Island of Jethou in the Channel Islands. This is painted in acrylic on prepared hardboard. Like oils, acrylic allows overpainting to express form on land and create cloud effects in skies. Last one for now."
13

These are great Robert, you have certainly been very busy with your traditional work, you put all of us to shame. Thank you for sending them.



Wonderful paintings Robert and useful comments on your work. Ruth
ReplyDelete