Tuesday, 23 March 2021

MARCH 2021 (5)


I have received an email from John, he says, "A month ago I planned a go at an oil still life.  It was much more difficult than I thought.  At the end of the day it is full of mistakes.  I fear it is destined for the pile of rejects.  Having said that, to be fair the ones on the bottom of the pile are much worse!"

13



I think this is great, John.  I am a great fan of still life subjects, both as paintings and as practice pieces because you can learn almost everything there is to lean from them.  Oil is such a super medium too, especially for shading such as on your fruit and the folds of the fabric, well done. This one is definitely not at the bottom of your pile! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow John! I love the fabric it is particularly good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good colour combination, fruit and fabric very good. Well done. Eva

    ReplyDelete