Two emails together from Kathy, the first says, "I just finished my latest linocut; came out better than I’d feared, I really didn’t know if it was going to work till I put the last dark layer on."
4
and the second one says, "Here’s a small one, prompted by reading something about “positive words” – the black paper didn’t take the ink very well, I plan to try it again a different way."
5
These are great Kathy. The landscape works really well, I love the simple white lines which are so descriptive; to me those in the sky describe its vastness and give a great sense of movement, the ploughed field's show the ploughing lines and rise of the hill, and in the foreground the rough tussocks in the grass. I also like the inspirational one that I think works OK. However I look forward to seeing your new idea.


No comments:
Post a Comment