Tuesday, 4 July 2023

JULY 2023 (1)



An email from Larry arrived yesterday, he says, "Yet another offering for the blog. Some stone cottages at Flagg in the Derbyshire Peak District. It is based on a very quick sketch and a poor photo of the scene so I have used a lot of artistic licence. We were staying in our caravan at Flagg Hall which is just out of the picture behind the righthand cottages. We are off to Wareham, Dorset for next week so hopefully I will get a bit more sketching in. "

1

Thank you for this beautiful watercolour painting, Larry.  I was born on the borders of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire and had relatives in Derbyshire; this painting reminds me very much of visits to them and also the many days out we had picnicking in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.  You may have used "a lot of artistic licence" but it is the Derbyshire I remember.  


No comments:

Post a Comment