I have received an email from George, he says, "This is a lino print looking along king street towards the museum. It is a basic reduction print using yellow ochre just to get a bit of experience using colour. It was a bit ambitious when it came to maintaining a fine outline which I found difficult so it turned out heavier than I intended. I went over it in pen to tidy things up as the first print looked even more rough. Perhaps I over inked it. I did the sky in watercolour which complimented things better than plain white. Not to worry practice makes perfect."
2
Thanks for this George, I really like it especially the colours you chose; and I agree the sky works better than I imagine white would have. I also admire your perseverance with lino prints; I really admire the effects other obtain but cannot remember one that I have done that I was satisfied with and have given up with it However, as you say it is all practice and who knows how many attempts others have done before you see the one that is perfect?

Nice print, George. I agree about the sky looking better than plain white. And cutting straight lines is a nightmare, I'm rubbish at it!
ReplyDelete