Saturday, 2 July 2022

JULY 2022 (1)



I had an email from Lesley C an couple of days ago but have been rather busy planting in the garden so sorry, Lesley, I have only just got around to posting it on the blog.  She said, " I had my last print weekend last week, I had to do so much work! We have to take our work back to Westhope on Friday July the 8th when the assessor is coming in. They are having an Open Day if you fancy coming along, details on their web page?  I've attached a photo of me, with the screen print "Gannets" which I sold and won an award for, at the wildlife exhibition."

1

I love this print and I am not surprised it sold quickly, also very well done to Lesley in winning an award in such a prestigious society.  The wildlife exhibition Lesley mentions was held at Nature in Art, by the Wildlife Art Society International (TWASI) 28th May to 5th June.  Although the exhibition is over, if you haven't visited Nature in Art it makes a great day out, and they also put on courses in various "arty" subjects.  (link to their website  https://natureinart.org.uk).

For those who don't know, over the past year Lesley has undertaken a City and Guilds course, in printing, at Westhope College (here is a link  http://www.westhope.org.uk)  and as she says they are having an open day on 8th July.  I shall probably go along as it is really interesting to see all the work that students have have completed, and there are often unique, handmade items for sale that make super gifts.  









2 comments: