I had an email from Larry today, he says, "Another painting for the blog if you would like it. This is based on a sketch and photograph that I did earlier this month of an old abandoned farm in Wasdale, Cumbria.
I started it at our meeting on Monday and put the finishing touches to it later. I forgot to take my glasses with me and have overworked it, definitely too much pigment and the washes were not wet enough considering the warm weather. I will probably revisit the subject when I can control the drying time and use my glasses as I think it is a good composition and would make a good painting."
6
Of course I want it for the blog, Larry. I am impressed that you ventured out on Monday to paint in the hall at all, given how hot it was! I had to smile at your email: "no glasses, overworked, too much pigment and washes not wet enough". At least you were there doing it and at least you have answered your own critique so there is nothing left for me to say really, other than thank you for sending it.
However, (you guessed something was coming?!!!!!!!) was the building on the right really painted white on the one wall? I only ask because my eye is initially drawn to the multiple buildings on the left but then drawn to the white wall and light yard. I seem to flit constantly between the two. Just a thought, but it may be worth thinking about when you do it again. Try thinking what it was that really inspired you to paint it.

No comments:
Post a Comment