What a nice surprise another painting from Larry arrived today, he says, "Another offering for the blog. This is a painting, based on a photograph, of Chemistry Lock on the Shropshire Union Canal just outside Chester, that I took when we walked into Chester from Waverton whilst we were staying there a fortnight ago.
Regards to all the group and thank you for your work in keeping the blog going."
This is a great painting, Larry, everything in it works and although you don't say I am sure you are very pleased with it? If I am to select just two items that I particularly admire, one is the sky with its soft, fluffy clouds against just the right blue, and the other is your greens, again perfect values and tones for a lovely English summer day in the country. Very well done.
It is my pleasure to at least do the blog Larry, particularly as I am not attending the meetings so much at the moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment