I received an email from Jane this morning, she says, "Thanks to a lot of helpful comments from the group, I finally finished my Crassula.
I am sorry but I cannot make it to the next meeting as we are off to sunny (Hopefully!) Yorkshire.
Apologies to Sue Linton, I haven't run off with the books you so kindly let me borrow.
See you all soon. Jane Taylor."
2
Thank you for sending this Jane, you don't say what media you are using but I am pretty sure it is watercolour? Do let me know if I am wrong. The modelling on the plant is very detailed and well observed, as is the blue pot, although the ellipse of the rim may be a little sharp at the sides? And a shadow at it's base may have "anchored" it? That said, it is a great study and I wish my crassula was looking so healthy. Have a great holiday in Yorkshire.

No comments:
Post a Comment