It was great to see an email from John in my inbox today, he says, "Sorry Jean. I have been doing a bit more painting than would appear, but too much rubbish pencil work.
This is a copy from the usual Pixabay.
The original artist had no better luck than me with his greens!"
1
Thank you for this John, I can see that it is watercolour and I think the greens are good, they speak to me of late summer, perhaps in the north of England.
I was intrigued about your comment that the artist's had also not had much luck with his greens so decided to have a look on Pixabay. (What a wealth of images!) I could see that the original was also a watercolour and I have to say that I prefer your greens which give a much greater sense of distance. They are not so vibrant as the image but I think yours far more believable. However, he/she was perhaps trying to catch the first early summer flush of greens which would perhaps be more yellowy than yours. Nevertheless, yours is a great picture, well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment