Lesley M has sent me two images to post onto the blog, she says, "I'm attaching my latest two fungi paintings, taken from photos taken by Eva's son Matthew in Japan. The first is Amanita virosa or the Destroying Angel and the second is Sarcoscypha coccinea or much easier the Scarlet Elf Cup/Cap. I've spent the last hour browsing his photos and there are another three I really want to do and lots more that are very tempting."
2
3
Thank you for these, Lesley, they are great and I look forward to seeing more of them. I love their common names, and think that "Destroying Angel" is particularly apt for a fungus. "Scarlet Elf Cap" got me thinking along the lines of Arthur Rackham"s beautiful fairy drawings although I had already been reminded of him by several trees we have seen recently when taking our daily walk. It is so easy to see faces and limbs in these gnarled ancient trees.
Lovely paintings, Lesley!
ReplyDelete