I made a sort of new year resolution to learn to paint "en plein air" this year. I have always hated it; the discomfort, too hot or too cold, not having all my materials to hand, no toilets nearby, people looking at me struggling, but I thought I would try to paint something every month. I fell by the wayside immediately, it was so wet and cold in January that I decided I would paint the view from my shed window. I have just finished it, and suffice to say I think I will give up the idea as I have started nothing in February. Instead I have decided to finish all the half finished paintings I have patiently waiting for me to return to them. Perhaps I may return to the idea when they are complete????? Until I decide here it is, the view from my shed, "Looking towards High Vinnalls from Upper Upton". Oil on canvas board, roughly A4
9
Love it, as fresh as a plain air painting
ReplyDeleteLove it, has a freshness that you would get from plain air. Eva
ReplyDelete