Friday, 18 February 2022

FEBRUARY 2022 (4)

An email from Lesley M was received yesterday, in it she says, "I've finally finished my next fungi painting. According to Matt, Eva's son in Japan it is Neolecta irregularis. I've cheated a bit and made up some of the background, Matt's original photo is so detailed but life is too short to put in every twig and part of a leaf!"

8

Thank you for sending this Lesley, you are very patient, I know how long painting leaves as ground cover can take but it was worth it and it works well.  
I really like it; so much so I considered how it would appear purely as an abstract and flipped it to see what it would look like in portrait rather than landscape!  

I do hope you don't mind me doing this and I am still not sure - - - but I think I like the first vertical.  Of course this is just a personal thing (and probably very rude of me to do it) so if you would prefer I will remove this part from the blog.















3 comments:

  1. A really interesting painting - tremendous detail in the fallen leaves. I like it in all 3 orientations, too! - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind you flipping it at all. I do agree the first vertical looks better than the second, I think it's because the very pale bit is at the top

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think it looks like a yellow worm but great painting especially the background

    ReplyDelete