Sunday, 3 October 2021

October 2021 (1)



I have received an email from Lesley M who says, "As I promised, here are several paintings. All are botanical, the first one was the long one of Clematis 'Betty Corning', that was followed by the Dahlia which is Dahlia 'Senior's Hope' (which took forever) the third is three sprigs of Myrtle and the last is Sweet Peas. I drew the Sweet Peas last Wednesday at the Orelton group as I've joined that and Sue Linton is teaching Botanical Paintings every other week. I had to finish it before the Sweet Peas died as they are at the very end. 
Hopefullly, I'll see you tomorrow with my new BIG block, Lesley's got me fired up to paint long grasses at life size!"

1

2

3

4

5

Phew!  you make me feel tired Lesley!  Thank you for sending all of these fantastic paintings, your attention to detail is amazing.  However, if I was pushed to choose my favourite, it would be the dahlia "Seniors Hope", I just love red and/or magenta dahlias!  Do you grow the Myrtle outside?  And do you have to protect it in the winter? I don't think I have ever seen one, or smelt it's fragrance.  You can tell me all about it tomorrow when you can also show me your "Big Block" for the life size grasses.    










No comments:

Post a Comment