Friday, 16 July 2021

JULY 2021 (5)

Some more super watercolours from Larry have arrived, he says The first is a painting of Blansby Park Farm, Pickering, North Yorkshire. This was painted whilst we were staying in the caravan at Lockton near Pickering last week. It is based on a ‘plein air’ value study and a photograph taken at the time. I was unable to do the actual painting on site due to it starting to pour with rain so was completed later that day in the awning.


The second painting was done ‘en plein air’ today whilst out with the Herefordshire Painting Club at Welsh Court, Yatton, Lyne Down, near Ross on Wye. The lady of the house, a Mrs Rae Nicholas, was very taken with it and purchased it on the spot so I only have the photograph taken on my phone as a record. I do have the value sketch and a photograph of the location so may paint it again as I was not totally happy with it particularly the windows and some of the cast shadows.

6

7

Both are really lovely work Larry,  I am not surprised that Mrs Nicholas wanted to buy the painting of her house.






No comments:

Post a Comment