Two more e-mails, one yesterday and one today. The first was from Kathy, she says, "I actually have a picture for the blog, having produced nothing finished for yonks! Called Penguin and Chick. I’ll attach it – it’s quite possible people won’t be able to see the background colours online, I thought they might be too pale and they don’t really show up well in photos. I have a few prints of just the Penguins, which I want to play with putting a background in with watercolour – I can make that more visible. Should be pale blues, sort of icy colours."
3
Thank you for this Kathy and well done to you for completing and sending it. Your icy colours do show, although may not be as clear as the original. I like the composition very much, the "mummy" looks a bit surprised to me as though she can't believe that this fluffy grey thing came out of her egg! With an apt caption it would make a great card.
The second was from John, he says, "Thank you for your, always welcome blog.This oil is waiting for a bit of final work to her face for accuracy."
4
Thank you John I am glad you enjoy the blog, I wonder sometimes if you all think "what is she wittering on about now?"
And thank you too, for this oil painting. I particularly like the energy in the way you have applied the oil paint in this John, and the colours in the landscape are very effective. I assume you are working from a photo and shall be interested to see it once it is finished.
I find painting animals very difficult and after asking Lesley C to look at a painting I did of a horse, I now use a technique she used to check my accuracy. She placed a ruler on the photo and then on the painting both vertically and horizontally to make sure that I had everything in line and in the right place. I have found it a very useful tip.


No comments:
Post a Comment