I managed at last to make it to a meeting at the village hall, Steve was concerned I was becoming like my mother who never went out, so I made an effort and had a very enjoyable morning with the 4 other members that were there (my thanks to them).
John had brought in a picture that he had collected from framing at Spotty Dog in Tenbury. It is four small paintings in one frame, and extremely effective.
(I wondered when writing this what four paintings would be called? I knew "dyptych" and "triptych" were two and three but four? I looked it up "tetraptych" or quadripych" apparently. However, usually they are separate paintings and these are all in one frame so does this apply? - - - - I think Steve is right I am spending too much time alone!)
Back to John's paintings; they were done at a watercolour workshop whilst John and his wife Anne were on a cruise from Southampton to the Baltic. The tutor was a water-colourist who specialised in "loose painting" and each are in this style. Enough from me, I am sure you will agree they are really well executed and a lovely memento of their holiday.
1


Having looked at it on my phone I think the one with the frame looks best, despite there being a bit missing Jean
ReplyDelete