Friday, 1 April 2022

MARCH 2022 (4)

I received an e-mail from Susie T today and she forwarded a photo of her recent art work which is a gift for her daughters birthday.  She says, "Here is finished fireguard, I think I could tinker at toppling blue ginger jar and perhaps more shadow, but I could go on and on."

6



As many of you will know, Susie moved from Little Hereford last year and since then has been working very hard re-decorating their new home, whilst at the same time re-establishing the long neglected garden, but she still managed to find time to create this innovative fire-screen! 

In a previous e-mail she told me she felt "so out of practice" and that she was "using up paints that I have had as samples before painting a room". Later again, "The beauty of the sample paints they are opaque so covering up a mistake is relatively straight forward (thank goodness)" and when I asked if I could put it on the blog, "Yes I don’t mind the blog seeing it after all it is a form of art!" It certainly is art, Susie and you put me to shame, I really do not know where you find the energy, you are an inspiration. What a super present I know your daughter will just love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment