Wednesday, 29 December 2021

DECEMBER 2021 (5)

An email from John just arrived, it is headed "A failed experiment" and continues "I wanted to try an oil with just a knife. The white is very old and would not spread. 
This is after a picture from pixanet or similar and could be entitled fire and ice.
Happy new year. J."

10

I really like this John and a great title, the effect from the dried white certainly adds texture.  Well done to you for experimenting, I don't think it failed at all.  In fact, it is quite a coincidence as last night I was listing my plans for what art work I will do in 2022 and "experimentation" is one of them, we must be thinking on similar lines!  

Does anyone else have any plans?  Do let us know if you do!






2 comments:

  1. It works very well, strong and dramatic. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes great John well done. I have been given 8 books on watercolor p painting and am surrounded with new ideas. Just hope I have the energy.

    ReplyDelete