Late summer:
Lesley Morgan sent me her painting of the September subject "Late summer" some time ago but due to internet problems I have been unable to post it until now. Unfortunately the broadband still "falls out" but I am taking a chance that I can manage to finish this post. I am not going to write much as I want to make sure I can show everyone Lesley's lovely watercolour "melange" painting.
6
I am sure those that were at the village hall for our last meeting will remember it. You may also remember that I was struggling (rather unsuccessfully) to paint in gouache. I did manage to finish the piece I was doing but I prefer this one that I did later, it is gouache on black card. It is not really late summer flowers but the one I started for that subject, at the beginning of September, is going to take a while longer to finish.
7
October's subject is "Autumn's bounty" and I guess Lesley's painting could fit into that category too! But please do something else for us Lesley.
Thank you for your comment Robert but I can accept no credit for the design, colour or pattern of this image. As other members attending the meeting will have known, I was learning to paint in gouache and copying the exercises in a book titled "Get started with Gouache" by Emma Block. The chapter was "Using coloured paper: poppies on a black background" and the design is the authors. I have reproduced below the image I copied:


'
ReplyDeleteI like the bright colour and the pattern created by the non figurative shapes.