Well here we are on the 16th September and we are still enjoying beautiful weather, which is entirely in keeping with this months subject of "Late Summer". I have paintings to post from two members, one of which was not entered as a monthly practise subject but which fits the bill nevertheless and that is from John.
He headed his email "AWOL" and he says, "No proper excuses except too much gardening, and quarantine while Anne has had her two cataracts done.This oil was started in our garden while some of our group were here. It bears scant resemblance to a Monet garden picture I fear. I think a lot of the problem is trying to pack a landscape into a too small piece of oil painting board."
I know everyone will want to join me in wishing Anne well after her operations and as for the small painting boards, I am sure we all experience this problem from time to time and the answer is to paint on bigger boards! But then there is then a tendency to paint bigger images, so we are no better off! Anyway it is a very good picture and certainly depicts your garden in late summer.
1
The next image is from Lesley C, she says, "here is my late summer pic, as you can see I had a bumper crop of onions, they are really strong tasting!! Just a quick sketch of a few of them drying out on the kitchen worktop a mixture of gouache and pastel." As always a great picture, from Lesley and I am definitely tempted to try the gouache and pastel mixture. A super composition, I love still life pictures but only have one hanging on my walls, I wonder why? Does anyone else have any?
2


Brilliant! Eva
ReplyDelete