Tuesday, 21 April 2020

STRANGE TIMES







All of you will know that we have recently moved into the new shed that we have had built.  Unfortunately, yesterday I found that some squatters had moved in, and I am not sure what to do about them.  Any suggestions?




Squatters






Lesley and Kevin Connolly have sent me a new strategy they have adopted to make things easier during these strange times.  They say :-


"Going shopping is a pain, queues, etc.  We went into Stourport, had to queue.  All isles have distance markings, one way only.  OK, I went to look at some cakes, to find a man came and stood next to me on my right,  then a woman stood on my left.  Staff were also pushing trolleys up and down the isles.  So much for keeping your distance!

So next time we went shopping we decided we would wear "our keep your distance, anti virus shopping kit"  -  it worked a treat!  No one came anywhere near us.   Got some strange looks at the tills but no one said a word.  Shopping done we came home  (PS got some strange looks at traffic lights!) "

They sent some photos too!  Perhaps we should all adopt this?

















Further news from Kevin:

"Since the the start of lockdown Lesley and I have been wondering how to fill these long days and nights, so we have joined a secret sect. The Green Trees.   Members have some very interesting views on life, it's  good to meet people with such way out views; they used to do lots of sacrificing, etc. but Health and Safety put a stop to that.  If any of you would like to join we can put you forward and, if you are over 7ft tall you can join for free!!!.  I enclose a picture of our great Leaders,  King Zod and Queen Hag at one of their secret meetings before lockdown. Keep safe, all the best,  Kevin and Lesley  { or by our new names, Bobbit and Zenna} 




We too, have some news.  Steve was in his engineering workshop yesterday and was very surprised to find one of his rubber hammers to be rather tetchy and asked him what was wrong.  He was very reticent, but eventually admitted that he had not been practising social distancing.  Here is the result:  








You may remember that I mentioned in a previous blog that I thought I was "losing it" ?  I now have further proof.  First I must explain that when I am in the house I generally wear a pair of blue Nike running shoes.  This is because I need to keep up my speed to make sure I get all my jobs around the house completed.  In the garden, if it is wet I wear wellies but if it is fine and dry I wear an old pair of black, Cotton Trader Unisex shoes.  

It was fine and dry yesterday; I was in the garden, moving compost from the compost heap to one of the new beds and I was wearing the latter.  As I bent to collect another shovelful of compost, out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a blue shoe on my left foot.  This annoyed me because it meant I would have to wash the soles before I could wear them again in the house.  I started to walk indoors and what did I see:  







Kevin has written to say that all is well and very quiet down in the Wyre Forest these days.  Lesley is busy in the garden but he is concerned, as they are getting some very strange deer in the orchard. He managed to take a picture of one yesterday.  I have never seen one like it and I have done quite a bit of Wyre Forest deer watching in the past.  Perhaps you should contact the Forest Rangers about them, Kev?








3 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous, I'd have loved to follow you round the supermarket just to see the looks! Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep your squatters, they look very cheery and I don't think they'll eat much!

    ReplyDelete