Wednesday, 5 January 2022

JANUARY 2022 (2)

Lesley C has sent me some of her latest prints, she says, " just a couple of lino I've done of penguins. I prefer the one with the black background but once it's cut away there's no going back! The beetle is my first attempt at screen printing. The exercise was to produce an image with three colours so that you learnt how to register them. Wishing everybody a HAPPY NEW YEAR"

2

3

4

These are super Lesley, I think I agree with you about the black background but I am not sure.  After printing, could you put a watercolour grey-blue, uneven wash (or any colours actually) to indicate snow, ice and sky onto the one that has been cut away?
I absolutely love the beetle.  Happy New Year to you too.






1 comment:

  1. I like the black background, too. The beetle is rather splendid.
    Kathy.

    ReplyDelete