Wednesday, 2 June 2021

JUNE 2021 (1)



I received an email from John this morning he says, "Russell Flint. A black and white study presented to the ship by the artist.  It looks ( under the bowsprit ) as if she was starting to be dismantled. I did this in Indian ink over a detailed pencil drawing."

1


This is really good, a lovely painting of a great subject, and what a fantastic view of the ship.    Steve says that *she was towed into the Menai Strait and ran aground on the "Swillies"  She was there for several years and had eventually to be broken up"  What a sad end for a beautiful vessel.  
What is also great is that you have reminded me of an artist I had forgotten and when I get a moment I shall spend some time looking at his work on line.




No comments:

Post a Comment