Tuesday, 15 June 2021

JUNE 2021 (3)

I had an email from Lesley M yesterday, she says, "I'm attaching some paintings I've done both are 5 x 5 inches but I don't seem to be able to scan them and then bring the size of the scan down to 5 x 5. We've got a new computer and it's all very different to the old one so I haven't worked things out yet.
The paintings are quails eggs in a nest - a follow up to the eggs I did recently to try and practice the skills but make it an actual picture. 
The second one is a Gertrude Jekyll rose which I painted at life size. I did blow up the photo to make counting the petals easier but honestly the flower head is true to life - even if it doesn't look it on the scan!

3

The eggs are beautifully painted Lesley, and the nest works really well, making it a lovely picture, as instead of just a study.  Very well done.  
We had some quail for a while, their eggs are delicious despite being so small, but they lay so many, it is hard to keep up with them!

4


This is fabulous Lesley, I really admire your patience and such attention to detail.  This type of rose has so many petals it is so easy to lose your place, I even have difficulty with hybrid tea roses!  I also very much like the way you have put the leaf cluster on the right of the picture.  






1 comment: