Friday, 23 April 2021

APRIL 2021 (6)

 7


Another post in quick succession, and another sweetie, Lesley C says, "I've attached the latest scraperboard for the blog."  What a great image, enjoy.






Comment
I have had an email from Dorothy, she says, "I am not sure whether I should access LHAG blog but I like to see the contributions from members. I love Lesley C’s animal pictures – the calves this month are special." 
In case you are wondering who sent it, the email continues, "George is looking forward to the 17th and I am desperate to meet up with my sewing friends." might help. 
I repsponded with, "Of course you can access the LHAG blog, it is very nice to know someone, other than members, does access it. Thank you for taking the time to write." and, "Yes I agree, Lesley C does some great animal work, I particularly like the ones she does in pastel but her scraper board work is very striking, and black and white images are very fashionable at the moment. I am delighted to hear you like the calves, it is always nice to know others appreciate one's work." Jean

2 comments:

  1. That is a great portrait - lambs are so funny. Love watching them racing around in little groups, leaping and chasing each other.
    I was reminded of the perils that confront them recently as I rescued a lamb stuck in mud in the river Onny. It may have fallen down the steep bank above where I found it. Because it was stuck I was able to grab it and wade a few meters up stream and reunite it with its mum & sibling. Poor little thing it was very cold so I rubbed it dry with dead grasses and with the very warm sunshine and a drink from Mum I’m sure it recovered quite quickly. Bless.
    Even more recently, walking with my dogs along the Teme, I have seen a dead ewe with a lamb and then further along a dead lamb all drowned and washed up probably from the floods earlier in the year. It’s impossible to fence all along the river as it will get washed away or will act as a dam to lots of tree & river debris. It’s quite a risk if you are a farmer and own fields by the rivers. However, on the upside, it’s so pretty at times like now when the river is low and you can walk along it and watch the lambs playing and this spring sunshine has been amazing ☀️🌷🌳

    ReplyDelete