Wednesday, 15 July 2020

PONT AVEN

Pont  Aven is a pleasant village in Brittany. It enjoys association with Gauguin and Van Gogh. I picked out this painting from an old folder and thought it was showing it again.


I tried a traditional pure watercolour approach which I couldn’t handle satisfactorily so I changed to a  mixed media method. I’ve used a dip pen with Acrylic to define outline details where appropriate. Titanium White acrylic was drawn lightly with a stiff brush to create texture on the grey-coloured side wall of the dominant building and to emphasise the front wall.

There is a danger with acrylic because the colours are so strong, With hindsight I should have used pure watercolour for the distant trees as I did for the sky

Eva. Thank you for your encouraging comment. I do appreciate members feedback  I’m unable to add comments in the space provided. So I’m sorry this is late.


1 comment:

  1. Eva says very good, your watercolour technique is so good you could have used it throughout, but acrylic is easier for white highlights. A lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete