I am beginning to wonder if there is anyone else painting out there apart from Lesley, although I notice that Bob posted a painting two or three days ago. Flipping good job she still sends me something to post, otherwise I will have to get my own paints out again! I know that you will all love this one:
3
Lesley says "I'm attaching my latest efforts, the Zantedeschia, or Calla Lily. It's taken me a long time as I had to practice drawing the flowers, then work out a composition and transfer it to watercolour paper. The first three flowerheads took an afternoon each to paint but I got faster and did the last two in one afternoon. It's been so long because in between painting sessions I've been gardening, which I should have been doing today but I painted instead as my poor little plant really didn't like being inside.
I do think I'm getting a bit better and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. The leaves were the worst as the left one was so big and green!"
I don't know about "getting a bit better" I think this is an absolute winner, Lesley. Beautifully painted in great colours, I hope you are having it framed.
Eva says another lovely painting, colour is second nature to you now.
ReplyDelete