Friday, 20 May 2022

MAY 2022 (3)



I received an email from John this morning, he says, "Garden, holidays and visitors have meant little art but will come back. A quick watercolor, Prussian blue, Payne' grey and a bit of emerald. I tried tiny dabs of Vaseline in the absence of masking fluid."


Thanks for this, John, a great image.  I have sailed on days like this, as I am sure you have too?  Best thing is there are not so many boats out!  A good idea to use vaseline, could you remove it and paint over where it was?  Wax pencils or crayons can also be used but these cannot be removed.  Gouache can be used and carefully removed after the watercolour is applied. Sometimes the watercolour leaches through which can be a nuisance, or sometimes creates an unusual spontaneous effect. It is always good to experiment and great to share findings with others, thank you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment