Memories of Februaries past. I was having a rough patch in life and a colleague I was working with invited me to spend the weekend with her, at her home in Purley on Thames. It was dark and drear February weather, so we did not get to see much of the scenery but we went for a walk which took us through the church yard on the Saturday afternoon. We could not believe our eyes; there was a small cherry tree in full bloom and at first we thought it must be artificial but no, it was real. It was so dark and dismal that afternoon but this small tree was like a beacon it was so pretty. So I thought it would make a good subject for this month. No this isn't a single tree but that tree was the inspiration for this diptych. It would take too long to take you through the search, reasons for a diptych, the trials and errors I have had but in the end here is my shot at an acrylic, impressionistic landscape with cherry trees. Does anyone know of how to paint blossom trees? Or any artist apart from Van Gogh who painted them?
6

Very good, very Japanese! I like the fact the blossom is foreground and not the whole tree. Eva
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely you can almost smell the blossom and I really like the 'abstracty' background
ReplyDelete